We live near the water but white sandy beaches aren't exactly numerous around here. When we go to the beach we throw rocks in the ocean instead of building sandcastles. So instead we made one, with paper, glue and a little sand.
1. Gather your materials. You will need 2 full pieces of construction paper, a small piece of a third color, a drinking straw, sand, glue and scissors.
2. Start by having your child draw the seashore! Ours is abstract!
3. Start by cutting 2 long rectangles , one shorter rectangle and 6 small squares out of the paper.
4. Cut 2 flags ( fold your paper and cut two triangles), and a door from the third piece of paper.
5. Glue the rectangles onto the paper . Tall ones on both ends of the shorter one.
6. Glue the door and the small squares on.
7. Cut two pieces off the drinking straw and glue the flags on.
8. Add glue all over wherever you want sand.
9. Add sand all over. Carefully shake off and let dry.