Bugs never seem to get boring for my son and I don't blame him, they are everywhere right now. This craft was all I could do to get him inside and slather some more sunscreen on him between "bug hunts" in our backyard.
1. Gather your materials. You will need a piece of construction paper, some tissue paper, clear tape,googly eyes, scissors, a paper punch or regular hole punch,glue , a pipe cleaner and some markers.
2. Start by folding your paper in half and drawing a caterpillar on the folded side.
3. Next get your little Picasso to color it.
4. While they color cut the tissue paper into smaller pieces.
5. Cut out and punch some holes, we did one big hole for each section and two for eyes but smaller holes would look great!
6. Tape the tissue paper over the holes. By covering the tissue paper with the tape completely it becomes reinforced and will withstand toddler handling a bit better.
7. Glue the two side together. Let dry.
8 Add a mouth with marker and glue the googly eyes on.
9. Add the pipe cleaner for antennae and put it up in your window.