Sometimes we get so focused on teaching our kids things like the ABCs and counting that we forget about easy concepts that they may or may not have just picked up. Folder games like this one are fast and simple to make and although it may not be fancy your kids gobble them up.
1. Gather your materials. You will need a folder, some card stock ( I used business cards), a marker or 2 and some tape.
2. Decide on the concept you want to teach, we are focusing on ordering something from smallest to largest. Write out the base layer. These are the cards that will be taped to the folder.
3. Make the manipulative cards, these are the ones they will have to decide where to put.
4. Tape the words in order on the folder.
5. Play- match them up! After the initial match up you can go around your house and find things to match them up to as well ( kitchen utensils, toy cars, books) they may not fit as well on the folder but you will still be having fun and learning!