This craft came about during a trip to the store to get some popsicles. I said to my son who was staring at the selection "Which color should we choose?" and he said " Whole rainbow!" We went home with lemon and a craft idea.
This craft is more about the process, of matching the colors, but our popsicles have been fun pretend play props too.
1. Gather your materials. You will need 6 pieces of construction paper, 6 popsicle sticks, matching markers and crayons, scissors and glue.
2. Start by folding your paper in two and having your child find the matching crayon and color it. Repeat with all the colors.
3. While they do that label each popsicle stick with it's color.
4. Cut out in the shape of a popsicle. You should have two pieces because the paper was folded.
5. Glue the matching stick on to the paper and sandwich the two. Repeat with the other colors.