With school out for summer I thought I'd add in this activity for older kids. Preschoolers and toddlers could make one too, but older children seeking their privacy from younger siblings will eat it up.
1. Gather your materials. You will need a cereal box or other cardboard. Scissors and markers.
2. Trace the bottom of a cup to make the hole for the door knob.
3. Draw the outline of a surf board around the circle.
4. Draw some waves, stripes, really whatever your little surfer thinks is cool. Add your message as well.
5. Color in with other colors.
6. Cut out the board including the knob hole.
7. Hang it and chill.