This is a fun parent and tot craft if you are doing it with a little guy or a great one for older children adept with scissors.
1. Gather your materials. You will need some watercolors, a bowl of water, light colored paper , black paper, scissors and tape.
2. Hand your child the paint and have them paint to their hearts content on the light color paper.
3. While they do that fold the black paper in half and cut out a butterfly, make sure to make the body on the fold and the wings towards the edges.
4. Cut some holes on the wings.
5. When the painting is dry fold it in the butterfly and cut along the edge to make them the same size. I then trimmed just a tiny bit more and taped it.