We are getting excited about planting a garden. All gardens need signs to remind the gardeners what is planted where so today we made some.
1. Gather your materials. You will need some construction paper ( scrap would do just fine), some packing tape or clear contact paper( not pictured), scissors, dowels or popsicle sticks , some cardboard and a marker.
2. Start by cutting your cardboard into the size signs you want.
3. Next write the vegetables names on the top of the sign.
4. Cut out the vegetables from the construction paper. Older kids can do this themselves, my son liked to "put the puzzle together" with me. So I pre cut them and we matched up the pieces together.
5. Glue the pieces on the cardboard.
6. Cover with contact paper or packing tape.
7. Attach a dowel or popsicle stick on the back with glue. I Taped it to keep it in place as well.
8. Pop it in the garden. Our garden is still under construction so we put our in our mulch for now while we grow the seedlings inside.