This is a fun activity that you can do start to finish with your child. They will like making the paint, mixing the colors and love using it in the bath. My son had fun making bath tub graffiti , and I loved it when I wrote letters in the paint for him. Here are the steps to follow to make your own.
1. Gather your materials. You will need cornstarch, dish detergent ( or if you have a sensitive skinned child like me use something you know will not bother them. I used his regular body wash and it worked great.), food coloring, a spoon, 1/4 cup measuring cup and containers with lids.
2. Start by putting 2 tablespoons of cornstarch into a container. I used a small plastic one with a lid because I knew my son wouldn't use all the paint in one bath, with a lid I can just pop it on and save it up for another bath.
3. Add in 1/4 cup of bodywah / detergent. Mix.
4. I made a second batch and we divided it into 3 containers. Judge for yourself how much paint you will need, I found 2 batches made plenty for 2 baths with one child.
5. Add in food color. Mix. My son loved mixing the colors. He found it fascinating how it swirled in at first and ended up all incorporated.
6. Make as many colors as you wish.
7. Get in the bath! We had fun writing in the paint, squishing it and since it was made with body wash when we ran the bath after it got in the water it made fun bubbles too!