My son was given a stamp pad in a loot bag this weekend and we've been doing all sorts of stamping activities since. These finger print bugs are fun to do and even though a young child will need a lot of help my 2 year old was amazed how I could turn his little finger prints into bugs. It was "Magic!"
1. Gather your materials. You will need a piece of construction paper, an ink pad, some fine tipped markers , googly eyes and glue.
2. Start by pressing your finger/ child's finger into the stamp pad. I had to show my son how to do this, he was reluctant to touch it at first.
3. Make single, double and triple prints for all different kinds of insects.
4. Next using your fine tipped marker , make legs , and antennae.
5. Add some glue and eyes. Let dry.