This is a fun activity that requires very few materials. It's not a great one for toddlers though because they have a hard time understanding that they need to blow through the straw not suck. I like making these then trying to find pictures in the splatters.
1. Gather your materials. You will need a few colors of paint, containers with a tiny bit of water in each, a piece of construction paper , spoon and a drinking straw.
2. Start by thinning out the pain in your container with a little water. You want it thin enough to make droplets but not so thin that the color isn't obvious.
3. Spoon a little onto your paper.
4. Blow through your straw and watch it spread and separate!
5. Repeat. Cover your whole paper with as many colors as you wish!