Even though summer doesn’t officially start until June 21st, most consider Memorial Day weekend the start of the warm weather, beach visits, and of course…barbecues! And right here, in this little blog, I am about to supply you with some eco-friendly ideas and mouth watering grilling recipes. Prepare to be roasted, toasted, and burnt to a crisp.
Let’s start with greening your party, shall we?
- There is a new fad, and it’s called corn. That’s right; eat your food with corn! Paper plates, cups, and plastic utensils made out of corn are 100% biodegradable. Have a pen available so guests can write their names on their cups to reuse them.
- Fancy your guests by giving them reusable napkins so they can be washed and reused again. Classy!
- Keep a recycling bin next to the trash so guests know to recycle their plastic, glass, metal, or paper products.
- This might be a bit of a stretch, but hey, why not give it a shot. Have another bucket or bin next to the trash for guests to put their scraps of food in. You can create an awesome compost to feed your summer soil!
- Have guests take home left over food so nothing goes to waste.
- Use biodegradable trash bags to clean up any trash afterwards.
- Clean your grill off with soap and water...unless you like your food tainted with harsh cleaning chemicals.
Now for the good stuff!! You are sure to be crowned the grill master at your BBQ when serving any of these delicious dishes: