Tomorrow is Cinco De Mayo, and although I never took a Spanish class nor lived south of the border, I love this holiday. My affinity for Cinco de Mayo is not steeped in history or culture, it is based solely on food. I heart any opportunity to eat Mexican food.
If you need some ideas for Cinco De Mayo food, I thought I would share some of my favorite Mexican recipes with you:
1. Mango Jicama Salsa: Perfect as an appetizer, side dish or as a topping for grilled meat, fish or even tacos, this slightly sweet salsa is a crowd favorite.
2. Green Chile Rice: A family favorite side dish made with brown rice and mild green chiles.
3. Mini-Cornbread Taco Lunchbox Bites: Need an excuse to celebrate Cinco de Mayo in your kid’s lunch box? This fun idea may be the solution!
4. Chicken Taco Soup: Quick and easy, this is one of my all time favorite slow cooker recipes, and perfect for the Cinco de Mayo holiday!
5. Black Bean and Avocado Tostadas: These tostadas can be altered to fit your family’s tastes, but this is our favorite version.
6. Vegetarian Enchiladas: A meatless enchiladas recipe that is delicious!
7. Chili Lime Salmon: A healthy seafood with wonderful Mexican flavors!
Choose one or a combination of the above recipes to help celebrate in tasty style!