Please tell me my kids aren't the only ones that go nuts just as I need to turn my attention to the food cooking on the stove. TV is a great temporary fix but really who wants to rely on that? Instead try a "Fun Drawer" full of 5 minute sparklers to lower your blood pressure and keep them entertained so you can cook !
Things to pop into a "Fun Drawer"
- Playdough and cookie cutters in "seasonal" shapes. Try stopping my the dollar spot at Target for cheap plastic ones perfect for playdough.
- Smelly markers . You need to have something a little "special " sometimes to really distract themand this is a sure fire hot with most kids.
- Deck of Cards. Go Fish is great and you can even play bewteen stiring the pot on the stove.
- Washable stamp pad and paper.
- Glitter pens and a small notebook. Who doesn't love glitter?
I don't know anyone who doesn't need a few quick independant activities for their kids from time to time, so even of you don't have the dinner crazies a fun drawer could come in handy.