Earth Day is April 22nd - here are some great easy ways to celebrate with your young kids.
- Neighborhood Clean Up. No need for a big organized event just grab a garbage bag and go for a walk picking up the litter as you go. You might want to take tongs or gloves along with you for the especially gross trasures you might find.
- Recycle your Clothes and Toys by taking them to Goodwill ! Recycling isn't just for paper and plastic it's also for clothes and toys. Kids can really get into it when you explain this to them.
- Wash your clothes and dishes by hand and dry them ( hang the laundry to dry). This is so simple but it really shows your kids how much they take our appliances and energy sources for granted. Remind them to only dirty what they need in the kitchen and only put dirty clothes in the hamper.
- Plant a Garden. Even if you live in a tiny apartment you can plant some seeds in a coffee can and tend to it all summer.
- Make a reusable snack bag or two and say goodbye to ziplocks!